May 20th was National Thunderbird Day - of course it rained sending members scrambling to cover their cars. It only rained for 30 minutes.
May 26th was the 4th annual Danny Dietz Memorial Open Car show featuring over 200 cars at the Ft. Bend Co. Fairgrounds. It is part of the 7th annual Team Roping event benefitting the Navy Seals Foundation.
November 17, 2018, Meeting Minutes
Carriage Clubhouse, Houston, TX
· Steve Rubin called the meeting to order at 11:00 a.m. and welcomed one new member. 11 members were in attendance. Those members attending the meeting were Dee Temple, Greg Rich, Billy Pastor, Danny Galloway, Stephen Rubin, Ken and Mary Ann Moore, Larry Hicks, Ken Chance, David Cheuvront, and Will Dieterle. We welcomed Craig Foster as a new member.
· Dee Temple gave the Treasurer’s report.
· Officer Election – The following slate of officers was unanimously elected by those in attendance:
o President – Greg Rich
o 1stVice President – Jim McLaughlin
o 2ndVice President – Mark Robare
o Treasurer – Dee Temple
o Recording Secretary – Steve Rubin
o Membership Secretary – Greg Rich
Board Members –
· Dues are due by the end of January, 2019. They are $25.00 per family for the year. If you have not paid your dues you can pay at the Holiday Party or mail a check to VTOH, POBox 1478, Bellaire, TX 77402-1478. Checks should be made out to VTOH.
· The Holiday Party is Sunday, December 9, 2018, at Christies Seafood & Steak located at 6029 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057. Cocktails at 6:00 and dinner at 7:00 p.m. Cash bar will be available. The cost is $20 per person and the club will pay the remainder of your meal. You will choose which meal you prefer when you get to the restaurant. Please let Steve Rubin know as soon as possible as we need to guarantee 25 people. Steve’s email address is email@example.com call him at 713-256-9508.
We will once again have our gift exchange. Each person brings a gift worth $20. Men bring a gift for a man, Women bring a gift for a woman. Please mark your gift accordingly. There will be a table set up for each.
Also bring an UNWRAPPED gift for a child. Any age is fine. These should be left unwrapped so as to tell what age and sex child they will go to. They will be donated to a local charity.
· VTOH has donated $10,000 to the HCC Scholarship Fund that we set up with them. This was given in 2 - $5000 tranches and awarded to five different students, each meeting the criteria that was set up. Greg mentioned that HCC would like VTOH to help them obtain a car that their students could recondition for possible sale in the future. Greg suggested partnering with Mecum Auctions to obtain a car and possibly sell it at the auction at a later date. More discussion will follow on this in the future.
· Discussed possible activities for the future. Dee suggested we revive the Activities Committee to plan activities for the 2019 year. Craig Foster has volunteered to serve on the Activities Committee.
· Otto’s will continue to hold car shows and often features Tbirds and other Fords and has been well attended by the VTOH.
· Freddie’s on Kuykendahl has meets on Saturdays. We discussed trying to get those, especially who live on the north side, to attend these shows as a group. This is a great little car show that is growing each week and Freddie’s gives a discount meal coupon to all registered attendees.
· Ken Moore reported that December 8th– Clays Restaurant on Clay Road will have a Cruise-in at 10:00 a.m. Several people attested to the fact that this restaurant has wonderful food. This could be a good activity for as many of us as can attend.
· January 19, 2019, we will meet at the Carriage Clubhouse to discuss activities for the year.
· The meeting was adjourned at 1:30 p.m.